A new score to help predict adverse events in patients with frequent premature ventricular contractions (PVCs).
In the study predictors of adverse remodeling were:
- non-sustained VT) (odds ratio [OR], 5.3)
- longer PVC coupling interval of at least 500 ms (OR, 4.7)
- PVC burden (OR, 4.4 for >20%; OR, 3.5 for 10% to 20%)
- Superiorly directed PVC axis (OR, 2.7)
These parameters were scored and scores from 0 to 4 were classified as low risk; from 5 to 8, intermediate risk; and from 9 to 12, high risk.
- Doesn’t include patients with low coupling interval prone for R on T phenomena
- PVC dispersion not included in score
- LV remodelling assessment by EF and correlating with endpoint may not be fool proof
Voskoboinik, Aleksandr et al.Predictors of Adverse Outcome in Patients with Frequent Premature Ventricular Complexes: the ABC-VT Risk Score. Heart Rhythm